Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Fleabay heads up...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Fleabay heads up...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Fleabay heads up...

    32 B and drivers

    NEW PAIR OF ALTEC LANSING HORNS WITH MATCHING DRIVERS - eBay (item 270484864585 end time Nov-18-09 17:21:26 PST)

    Seller says his dad worked at Altec and these are unused. If so the $369 BIN is reasonable...

    Caveat...dunno if aluminum or Symbiotik frams...

    Drivers are marked 39952. After my days at Altec.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Don't those reinforcing ribs make these the plastic versions?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Fleabay heads up...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    I'm sure they are plastic.

    I suppose then they could be 32B or C as both came in plastic. Or do you think B's came metal only?

    Isn't true...I've seen plastics marked 31B, 31C, and unmarked.

    I am not sure there is really a difference, at least sonically. Somebody at Altec was bored. Or maybe "C" was introduced to designate plastic? And then dropped since it was obvious they were plastic?

    Altec has done similar things, like naming a horn 803 and a woofer 803, then changing 803 to 416A to avoid confusion...

    But used 802G's go for 300 often, and used plastic 31's, be they B or C, go for $100 a pair or more...so for new it's a good deal.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Drivers are marked 39952. After my days at Altec.
    C'mon buddy, you know what those are.

    33952 is the part number for 802-8G, Tangerines and all!
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    C'mon buddy, you know what those are.

    33952 is the part number for 802-8G, Tangerines and all!

    Do you have a list? I couldn't find the number on the list I have.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Fleabay heads up...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    C'mon buddy, you know what those are.

    33952 is the part number for 802-8G, Tangerines and all!
    Kewl.

    Honestly I didn't know...thanks!

    I am not fully informed on Altec stuff past a certain point...only with stuff I actually used.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Fleabay heads up...


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Yah those are model # 802-8G's I have a pair right here actually 2 pair they used the #'s in their sealed speaker systems like the model 19,15 and just stamped the number on early editions of the 802-8G reference # 033952 and these drivers have 2 different end caps.Reason why I'm posting I had a problem with this seller he sold me a HP printer on eBay that was supposed to be new in the box,well it didn't work and box was opened this printer was not new and he refused to refund.Paypal ruled in my favor and issued a full refund that they recovered from him.While looking through his feedback I came across a Altec I think it was a 602A duplex that he sold, that buyer gave him a negative for seller stating that it was new.Buyer claimed it was NOT new.So he sells stuff claiming it to be new when in fact they are used.I should have left him negative but didn't Uses deceptive selling practices be careful his name is Chris ebay name (callan3491).Just giving our members a heads up

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I'm sure they are plastic.

    I suppose then they could be 32B or C as both came in plastic. Or do you think B's came metal only?

    Isn't true...I've seen plastics marked 31B, 31C, and unmarked.
    No, I was going by the ribs only.


    ...........and used plastic 31's, be they B or C, go for $100 a pair or more...so for new it's a good deal.
    I didn't add it up. I don't pay enough attention to know what the small format drivers go for. Additionally, I keep hearing that the plastic horns can break.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Fleabay heads up...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post



    Additionally, I keep hearing that the plastic horns can break.
    They can.

    Although in home use, doubtful.

    I've seen them last a long time in Pro apps.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fleabay heads up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    They can.

    Although in home use, doubtful.

    I've seen them last a long time in Pro apps.
    Those are the horns and drivers for the Model-15s.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.